Michael G. Nassy of FVCbank Elected Chair Jodi Richard of U.S. Bancorp Elected Vice Chair
PHILADELPHIA, Aug. 25, 2021 /CNW/ — Michael G. Nassy, Executive Vice President and Chief Credit score Officer, FVCbank, has been elected chair of The Possibility Management Affiliation (RMA) for the 2022 fiscal 12 months. Jodi Richard, Vice Chair and Chief Threat Officer, U.S. Financial institution, and Philippa X. Girling, Chief Danger Officer, Varo Lender, have been elected vice chair and treasurer, respectively. Their 1-12 months phrases start September 1, 2021.
“RMA’s new Board leaders are a varied and accomplished team in just about every respect,” explained RMA President and CEO Nancy Foster. “That variety will be a excellent gain to RMA customers as we set the training course for the coming calendar year, a calendar year in which the financial services business and chance management as a complete deal with critical choices on essential issues. Banking institutions of all sizes will advantage from their guidance as they tackle the influence of the pandemic, the ongoing risk of cyber criminal offense, the looming challenges of climate transform, and quite a few other topics.”
Nassy has been the Main Credit Officer at FVCbank, a local community lender primarily based in Fairfax, Va., for nine many years and has been on RMA’s Board for the previous four. He is the receiver of the 2016 Washington Organization Journal Minority Company Leaders Award and stays active on various Credit history Chance Management message boards and will converse at RMA’s Annual Meeting in October on his diversity aims for RMA and the marketplace.
“I am honored to chair the Board of this venerable group at such an essential time for the business and the communities we provide,” explained Nassy. “RMA’s emphasis on peer sharing and bringing the marketplace collectively on significant matters are key to developing our institutions and economies in this time of fantastic adjust.”
The new vice chair, Jodi Richard, oversees all aspects of U.S. Bank’s hazard management functions and was nominated as 1 of American Banker’s Most Powerful Women of all ages in Banking in 2013, 2015, 2019, and 2020. She was also named Ideal Technologies Executive in 2017 by Waters Technology. She has served on RMA’s Board since 2019.
The new treasurer, Philippa Girling, is a identified expert in fintech and chance, obtaining served in threat roles at traditional banks and now as Varo Bank’s Chief Hazard Officer for extra than two several years. Varo Lender is centered on a mission to offer truthful accessibility to financial companies for all and is the first fintech to obtain a national lender charter. She has around 25 decades of practical experience in finance, and was regarded as a single of the Prime Fifty Faces in Possibility in 2006 by Organizational Possibility and Compliance journal and as 1 of the leading 100 Performing Mothers in America in 2014 by Working Mom journal. She has been on the RMA Board for extra than a few years.
Recently elected to the RMA Board of Administrators for 3-12 months conditions are:
- Heidi Andrion, Senior Vice President, Credit rating Critique, Capital 1, New York, N.Y.
- George F. Buchanan III, Govt Vice President and Chief Danger Officer, Buyer & Prosperity Administration, Locations Bank, Birmingham, Ala.
- Kieran J. Fallon, Chief Danger Officer, The PNC Economic Providers Team, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- TJ Haynes-Morgan, Chief Audit Government, Raymond James Financial, Saint Petersburg, Fla., who will chair the Interior Audit Council.
- Graeme Hepworth, Chief Danger Officer, Royal Financial institution of Canada, Toronto, Ont.
- Amanda G. Norton, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Chance Officer, Wells Fargo & Enterprise, San Francisco, Calif.
- Humberto M. Salomon, Director, World-wide Head of Possibility Investigation, Institutional Customers Group (ICG), Citi, Irving, Texas, who will chair the Credit score Risk Council.
- Kevin Slane, Government Vice President and Main Danger Officer, Sandy Spring Bank, Olney, Md.
- Seth Waller, Govt Vice President and Chief Credit score Officer, TIAA Bank, Jacksonville, Fla.
Note to editors: Photographs offered upon request.
Founded in 1914, The Danger Administration Association is a not-for-gain, member-driven expert association whose sole purpose is to advance the use of sound risk management concepts in the money providers business. RMA encourages an enterprise strategy to risk administration that focuses on credit history threat, marketplace risk, and operational threat. Headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, RMA has 1,900 institutional users that consist of financial institutions of all measurements as properly as nonbank financial establishments. They are represented in the Affiliation by 18,500 people today located during North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia/Pacific.
Source The Danger Management Affiliation